A Day in My Life

Summary

This project allowed me to put a visual and auditory perspective on what I spend my time on in 24 hours. This was really eye-opening for me seeing as I have really never tracked my day before. This project made me realize how much time I really do have after school and that it doesn’t take up my whole day.

Font

Color Palette

Pie Chart

Script

Hi my name is Merja Haatanen. This pie chart shows what a day in my life looks like. As you can see in the chart, I spend most of my time sleeping. 8 hours and 50 minutes to be exact totaling 37% of my day. The next thing that I spend most of my time on is being at school. I’m at school for 6 hours a day, not including my lunch break this added up to about 25% of my day. My third biggest category was “other” adding up to 19% of my day. On the day that I tracked the activities that I put into the other section included things like grocery shopping, going to physical therapy, showering, doing homework, anddd playing project makeover on my phone. The fourth and second smallest category I had was transportation, taking up 11% of my day. This included me driving to school, driving around for appointments, and doing errands. This also included driving around with friends because, on this specific day, I drove to the capital forest. My final category was socialization. As I said, on this day I went to the capital forest. This took up about 8% of my day since I ate pizza and watched the sunset. Overall I feel like this pie chart was pretty accurate of a typical day in my life. The only thing I was surprised about was my amount of time socializing. For some reason, I thought it would be more. I feel like I manage my time pretty well though considering I had time to fulfill all my needs throughout the day. Thanks for watching!

Audio Editing

As you can see, my voiceover is much louder than the music because I changed the decibels to -25 for the music so you could hear my voice.

Storyboard

Video Editing

The Documentary

What I Learned & Problems I Solved

I learned about the importance of time management in class especially since I couldn’t work on this project on my Chromebook. To solve this, I had to come into film during my first period to work on this project. I also learned how to use Adobe Illustrator, something I have never worked with before.